The problem with using an electric ratchet is that the cord restricts your movement. Sure there is power using the motor of the electric ratchet but you have to restrict yourself within the radius of the cord. Are you wishing for the portability of stubby ratchet and the power of an electric ratchet? If you are, then you should definitely consider investing on cordless ratchets. The cordless ratchet runs on batteries that need to be charged for a couple of hours. If you like fixing your own home, garden or your car then you definitely need to check out your local hardware store for good cordless ratchets. This type of ratchet is a portable and effective tool you can use both in the home and the garage.
You may love your trusty handheld ratchet, but after you try the cordless ratchet you will never want to use your old ratchet again. One of the best things about a cordless ratchet is not only can you loosen the tightest of bolts but also do it anywhere you want to do it. This means that you can bring your cordless ratchets to your boat and even on the road with you. If you get cordless ratchets for your home or car you then those days straining your hands are finally over. Just like a regular ratchet, the cordless ratchet has several attachments that turn the ratchet into a variety of tools you can use at home or in your garage.
But before you head on to your favorite hardware store and pick up the first cordless ratchet you see, you must first learn to differentiate a good cordless ratchet from a mediocre one. A cordless ratchet can be a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth every penny. Remember, the price of the cordless ratchet set is the price you pay for durability that will last a lifetime.
Don’t be fooled by cheap ratchet sets in the market, chances are these low cost tools are made with cheap materials and will easily break when in use. Buying a cheap ratchet may save you a couple of dollars today, but because they break easily, buying several replacement cordless ratchet sets again and again may cost more than buying a good and more expensive ratchet set. Just keep in mind that this is not a strict rule; hardware stores often have sales that will force them to lower their prices to keep their stocks moving. What is important is that you get the most value for every dollar that you spend on your electric ratchet.
To know which cordless ratchet is the best, see if there are shaking within the ratchet head. If there is shaking within the head of the ratchet, the chance of the cordless ratchet breaking while in use is high. Look for a trusted brand you can rely on.
1. Ingersoll Rand R3150-K2 1/2-Inch Cordless Ratchet, 2 Li-on Batteries, Charger and Case
The R3150 offers exceptional power, portability, access and time-saving operation. Compatible with the IQV20 Series battery platform, the R3150 ratchet wrench offers cordless convenience and the power of air.
- Performance: With 54 ft-lbs of torque, the R310 cordless ratchet delivers the same kind of power you expect from an air tool
- Durability: Patent-pending metal and composite construction makes this tool lightweight, yet strong enough to protect against repeated drops
- Versatility: Battery power means greater portability
- Two Battery Kit: Includes Bare tool, 20V li-ion 1.5 Ah batteries, IQV20 Charger, Blow–molded case
2. Ingersoll Rand R1120-K1 1/4″ 12V Cordless Ratchet Kit
The Ingersoll Rand IQV12 Series R1120 offers an exceptionally compact size for versatile performance in even the most challenging workspaces. A patent-pending slim-line battery and a paddle-style trigger help maximize access to tight places— so operators can do the job, do it fast, do it every time.
- All-metal gear train for long life and durability
- Compact and durable motor delivers up to 30 ft-lb of torque – with the ability to handle additional manual torquing when needed
- Kit Includes – (1) R1120 Ratchet, (1) BL1203 12V Lithium-Ion Battery, and (1) IQV12 BC1110 Charger
3. ACDelco ARW1201 Li-ion 12V 3/8″ Ratchet Wrench w 2 battery, 57 ft-lbs
ACDelco ARW1201 Li-ion 12V 3/8″ Ratchet Wrench. Ergonomically designed specifically for mechanics to work in tight space. Most powerful tool on the market in its class. Forward/Reverse leverDurable aluminum gearbox housing. Variable speed with reversible control and electric brake switch. Anti-slip soft grip.
- Forward/Reverse lever
- Durable aluminum gearbox housing
- Variable speed with reversible control and electric brake switch
- Anti-slip soft grip
- Package includes: 2 x Li-ion 12V battery packs, 1 x quick charger, and carrying case
4. Milwaukee 2456-21 M12 Cordless 1/4″ Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit
- Powerful 12-volt motor delivers up to 30 ft-lbs of torque
- Superior fastening speed produces 250 RPM, with variable-speed trigger for greater control
- REDLITHIUMTM Battery Technology superior pack construction, electronics, and performance deliver more work per charge and more work over pack life than any battery on the market
- REDLINKTM Intelligence provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- Kits include the tool, a charger, and a single M12 Red Lithium battery.
5. Milwaukee 2457-20 M12 3/8 Ratchet tool Only
Choose the sub-compact ratchet with best-in-class power, speed and durability. The M12 Cordless 3/8″ Lithium-Ion Ratchet is the ideal tool for auto mechanics, maintenance and repair professionals looking for maximum performance and productivity in a subcompact cordless tool. At just 10-3/4” long and 1.9 lbs, the ratchet is tool-belt portable, and features a 3/4″ low-profile head design for work in the tightest of spaces and engine bays. The variable-speed metal trigger and reinforced steel housing provide maximum control and durability with any application.
- Powerful 12-volt motor: Delivers up to 35 ft-lbs of torque
- Superior fastening speed: Produces 250 RPM, with variable-speed trigger for greater control
- On-board fuel gauge: Helps you monitor the charge precisely for less downtime on the job
- Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- Built-in LED light: Illuminates work surfaces in dark locations
6. Craftsman 19.2 Volt C3 Max Axess Power Ratchet (Bare Tool, Bulk Packaged)
This tool is powered by Craftsman’s top selling battery platform, the C3 19.2V battery. The Pass-thru design on the auto ratchet and socket system eliminates the need for deep sockets. This tool is great for the garage or the house.
- Craftsman 19.2 Volt C3 Max Axess Power Ratchet with LED worklight below ratchet head
- Bare Tool – no battery or charger included – both needed to operate tool
- No-load Speed: 0-225 RPM
- Torque Range: 360 in.lbs
- Forward/Reverse toggle on ratchet head changes direction of rotation
- Battery and charger sold separately