If you are currently planning to buy a new miter saw this article is the first stop to receive good information about best miter saw on the market. There are lots of chop saws on sale today and I will help you make right decision. You will get quick info about best miter saw in a various price ranges.
4 Major Types of Miter Saws
1. Standard Miter Saw – Basic Miter Saw
It has one point around which its blade pivots up and down 90 degrees relative to its table; it can cut angles with the work piece lying flat or sitting on edge in order to accomplish angles or bevels. But it is very hard to find such simple tool today.
2. Compound Miter Saw – Single Bevel
It is like standard miter saw, but its blade and motor are able to pivot up and down, swing side to side, and also tilt one way towards its table, which allows for bevels to be cut at an angle that is more acute than 90 degrees relative to its table. Furthermore, a compound miter saw allows for cutting two angles at once: bevel and angle.
3. Sliding Compound Miter Saw – Sliding
In addition to above mentioned features this one has its blade and motor sliding out from its table, allowing for wider stock to be cut. This one is most popular through buyers, because it has almost all the features, powerful and easy to use.
The sliding compound miter saw is functional and efficient enough to cut the wood in the shape you like and this is all due to its adjustable pivot fence that allows cutting on a larger stock. This particular saw comes with a proper stand, vise clamp and the dust pot helps to collect the dust and keep the saw free from dust and ready for use at all times.
Choosing a slide compound miter saw is best for fine woodwork as you can make smooth angled cuts and build up fine crafty furnishings. The advantage of choosing this kind of miter saw are plentiful as you sure end up using a lower weight saw that is easy to use and the price is also affordable enough for you to buy.
4. Dual Compound Miter Saw – Double Bevel
This one is the most featured one, it can do all mentioned here plus its blade and motor can tilt both left and right. This provides more flexibility for cutting complicated angles such as required for crown molding. These saws are mostly for professionals, they are most expensive ones.
The Double Miter Saw (aka Double (Dual) Slide Compound Miter Saw) works up to anticipations and provides a long time of accuracy and constant function that will make you work more enthusiastic. You have to keep it maintained and prepare a proper workplace. Keep your dual saw clean and safe.
This tool will help you to make great woodwork designs and even build a storage shed where you will keep all your tools and other equipment so that you can use it anytime and maintain the tools to serve you in the long term run.
But before go and buy Double Miter Saw you have to determine your need – what do you want to do with your tool. If it is for your house holding or hobby, probably you do not need an expensive dual slide compound saw, may be you need a simple chop saw for less price, but if you will use your saw constantly you have to buy best miter saw in the class
Remember that your miter saw has to have good quality blades so that you can really cut good pieces of wood. The perfect dual slide compound saw blade has about 60 teeth so that it is able to cut piece of wood in a smooth shape. For your info: more numbers of teeth in the blade – higher the price of the saw.
Double Miter Saw is also designed with safety features that nothing goes wrong while using the saw and you can really look for the one that has quality safety features that makes it safe and secure for you to craft handicrafts with. Most of the models of the dual slide compound miter saw cope with retractable blade guard that provides you extra protection and also has a lock off switch that prevents you from accidents.
You can easily buy the Double Miter Saw from the online stores and if it is over your budget you can go for a reconditioned miter saw as this way you will get quality for your money and save the extra cost of a new saw.
Once you have decided you are in the market you want to be sure you get the best price on miter saws. One that will do all that you need it to do. That will produce top results and that is easy to use.
For sure, some of the heavy carpentry work requires the power and capacity of a slider, but a lot of trim jobs may be done with a good 12-inch compound miter saw. These saws are smaller and lighter, and there are fewer moving parts to knock out of alignment during rough transport and hard use.
Here are 12 Miter Saw Top Picks:
1. DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS780 12-inch double bevel sliding compound miter saw expertly walks the line between the rugged durability and fine precision that professionals need on the job site. From delicate woodworking to heavy-duty framing and deck building, the DWS780 provides the accuracy, capacity, and portability that cabinetmakers, trim carpenters, framers, installers, and contractors need.
- New precise miter system
- Handle design for added portability
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16 dimensional lumber at 90-degrees, 2 by 12 at 45 degrees
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity, ensures accuracy
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75-percent of dust generated
2. Milwaukee 6955-20 12-Inch Sliding Dual Bevel Miter Saw with Digital Miter Angle Fine Adjust
It features a miter angle fine adjust with detent override which makes it simple to dial-in precise miter angles. This allows the user to quickly adjust for a non-square environment. The fine adjust allows for single hand operation; (1) hand on material, (1) hand making fine adjustment. The miter angle fine adjust features a self zeroing system and it works on the ENTIRE miter angle range.
- Dual integral jobsite lights that fully illuminate the work piece and cut line from either side of the blade.
- An electronic soft start that allows the carpenter to sneak up on the cut line without damaging material
- The blade takes less than two seconds to get up to full speed, but that makes all the difference in ensuring a smooth start.
- Has a motor that features constant power technology which provides constant speed under load
- The RPM (3,250) of the blade is the same at both no load and during loaded cutting. This ensures a quick, clean cut even in hardwood materials.
- It contains an integral dust channel that captures up to 75% of the dust and debris cut by capturing dust near the cut on both sides of the blade and directing it to the back of the saw
- This maximizes airflow and allows waste to flow through the back elbow and into waste container.
- This saw has an oversized single lever bevel adjustment with (9) positive bevel stops which allows the saw to easily bevel left and right 0 degrees 48 degrees.
3. Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw
The New and Innovative GCM12SD Glide Miter Saw delivers durable precision, compact workspace, and unmatched smoothness of cut! This saw features the Axial-Glide system which operates by folding the articulated arm flush with the back of the saw, saving up to 12-Inch of workspace versus a traditional sliding compound miter saw and enabling the saw to be operated with almost no clearance behind it; ideal for jobsites and cramped workshops.
- Patented axial-glide system for durable precision and compact workspace
- Expanded cutting capacity: 14-Inch horizontal capacity, 6-1/2-inch vertical capacity, 6-1/2-inch crown capacity (45-degree spring)
- Large easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles
- High-precision Squarelock fence aligns fence 90 degrees to table and requires no adjustment; one-touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- Large form-fitting ambidextrous ergonomic trigger handle provides comfort for all-day use
4. Makita LS1216L 12-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser
The Makita LS1216L 12″ dual slide miter saw delivers the largest crosscutting and crown cutting capacity in its class. It has a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System that further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts, and an exclusive 6 linear ball bearing design for smooth, adjustment-free, “dead-on” accurate cuts. The LS1216L is ideal for benchtop and jobsite use, as well as high-production/manufacturing settings.
- Capacity – 8″ crown molding (vertically nested), 6-1/2″ baseboard (vertical), and 15″ crosscut at 90°
- Accurate – Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings and 4-steel rail system deliver maintenance-free “dead-on” accurate cuts
- Versatility – 5-1/2″ tall fence system features upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise cuts
- Durability – Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance than belt-driven saws
- Includes – Blade, dust bag, vertical clamp, wrench, and triangle
5. Hitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser
The Hitachi C12RSH 12-Inch Sliding Dual Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker provides smooth, accurate miters and crosscuts in a variety of workpieces, including wood, plywood, crown molding, decorative panels, soft fiberboard, hard board, and aluminum sashes. A top-of-the-line tool for trim carpenters, framers, and woodworkers who demand precision and reliability, the C12RSH features a compact slide system, Hitachi’s exclusive Laser Marker System, and more.
- Compound feature for precise miters and bevels
- Compact slide system requires zero clearance
- Laser marker technology for perfect cuts
- Chock-full of user-friendly features
- Measures 23-7/16 x 36-5/8 x 27-15/16 inches and weighs 63.9 pounds
- Durably built, this tool is backed by an industry-leading five year warranty
6. SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw with Laser
This 12-Inch compound miter saw, model 3821, includes the Quick Mount System, a laser, extension rails and a powerful motor that make it an ideal miter saw for any intermediate Dyer or woodworker.
- Laser Cutline Guide for fast and accurate cuts
- 9 Positive stops for setting common miter angles
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor with 4,500 RPM
- Table extension with left/right extension rails for long, large work pieces
- Quick-Mount System for quick and easy setup on SKIL miter saw stand (3302-02)
7. Ridgid R4120 Saw, 12-Inch Compound Miter with Laser
Ridgid R4120 12-inch Compound Miter Saw with Laser features ergonomic D-handle for improved grip and handling. The 2-1/2-inch dust port provides connection to standard dust collection systems to help keep work area clean. The 15 Amp heavy duty motor powers through the most difficult cuts. Repeat-A-Cut marking surface allows user to mark fence for the repetitive cuts. Work clamp with quick-release lever securely holds material in place. Left side Table Extension for increased material support. Sliding miter fence provides support for wider material adjusts for bevel cuts. Extended bevel and miter ranges are -3 degrees to 48 degrees bevel and 0 degrees to 47 degrees miter capacities accommodate a wide variety of cuts. Sof-touch controls improve comfort and grip.
- Ergonomic D-Handle – for improved grip and handling
- 15 Amp Motor – heavy duty motor powers through the most difficult cuts
- Work Clamp with Quick-Release Lever – securely holds material in place
- Sliding Miter Fence – provides support for wider material. Adjusts for bevel cuts
- Repeat-A-Cut Marking Surface – allows user to mark fence for repetitive cuts
8. WEN 70712 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
It allows for straight, miter, bevel and compound cuts all in one reliable and compact machine. Bevel anywhere from 0° to 45° to the left and miter up to 45° in both directions. With 15 amps of slicing power and 5000 RPM, you’ll be able to easily tackle boards up to 3.5 inches thick and 11.75 inches long. Included is a 40-tooth carbide-tipped blade for dependable and precise sawing, a dust collection bag to minimize post-sawing clean up, a hold down clamp for securing workpieces and a support fence to steady boards.
- Bevel anywhere from 0° to 45° to the left and miter up to 45° in both directions
- 9 positive table stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° to both the left and right
- 15 amps of slicing power deliver 5000 RPM
- Tackle boards up to 3.5 inches thick and 11.75 inches long
- Includes a 40-tooth carbide-tipped blade, a hold down clamp, a dust bag, a support fence and two workpiece support extensions
9. Metabo KGS305 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The versatile KGS 305 is ideal for crosscutting material up to 12-1/2 wide and 4-3/4 high. The KGS 305 features Metabo’s industry-unique dust collection system, which efficiently removes dust through the base of the saw. It is one of the few tools of its kind to indicate roof pitch angles on the miter scale for quick, precise cuts and allow users to set their own miter detent for repetitive cuts where there is no existing stop
- The KGS 305 is easy to use
- The bevel angle can be adjusted quickly and easily with the flip of a lever from the front of the saw
- The integrated saw blade lock and tool make changing the saw blade simple
- The flip stop depth function guarantees a constant cutting depth on every cut at any angle setting, while the multi-positioning clamp allows users to secure work pieces both horizontally and vertically
- The KGS 305 is also designed for safety, with wide footprints for stable work surfaces and lock-out feature incorporated into the switches
- Cord runs through the rail to stay away from the blade
- Cutting depth is 4-3/4 at 90 degrees and 3 at 45 degrees; cutting width is 12-1/2 at 90 degrees and 9-1/4 at 45 degrees
- The powerful 15-amp, 2000-watt motor achieves a no-load speed of 3,800 RPM.
10. Craftsman 10″ Single Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (21237)
A Craftsman 10′ Sliding Compound Miter Saw Gets the Job Done Precisely Right Smooth cutting with laser guided precision, lightweight, portable and slicing seamlessly through thick materials, the Craftsman 10′ single bevel sliding compound miter saw is the perfect addition to a jobsite and home shop alike. Spinning at 4,800 revolutions per minute, no matter which blade you slip onto the collar of this compound, you’ll cut through wood both hard and soft, leaving sharp edges and tight corners with every cut. The perfect way to save money on any job, the Craftsman 10′ sliding compound miter saw uses smaller, easy-to-maintain blades than larger models, but this saw still delivers the reach to spin through boards up to 12 inches wide.
- A 15.0 Amp motor that delivers high torque and speed
- Include compound miter saw, blade, dust bag, blade wrench, clamp and extensions
- Laser Trac not only gives you an accurate cut line, but doesn’t ever run out of batteries
- The 0-50 degree miter adjustment includes common positive stops for accurate cuts on the fly
- 60 carbide teeth give the 10-inch saw blade more life and bite than others
- Aluminum construction is durable and easy to move from home to jobsite
11. Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw
Offering all the functionality of a normal mitre saw but through materials never thought possible – the RAGE3 will cut steel, aluminium and wood (even wood with nails), using just one blade. The cut is fast clean and accurate, producing no burr and virtually no sparks when cutting steel. There is no heat buildup either, so the material is cool and can be handled straight away. The multi-material performance is coupled with useful features such as an in-line handle enabling right or left handed use, adjustable cutting depth for grooving, laser guidance system and robust outer casing enhancing durability.
- Incredibly versatile multipurpose cutting technology enables you to cut mild steel, aluminum & wood (wood with embedded nails) with a single blade.
- Combined with a ultra high grade 28-tooth tungsten carbide tipped blade,a hi-torque motor and optimized gearbox provides powerful, & reliable cutting.
- Cut through 6mm mild steel with no heat, no burrs & virtually no sparks, leaving an instantly workable finish unlike alternate methods.
- 45 degrees L&R miter system with 9 positive stops. 0-45 degree bevel tilt delivers accuracy for almost all common cutting applications.
- Adjustable cutting depth can be set for grooving / trenching, a 300mm slide mechanism and laser guide provides even greater productivity & accuracy.
- Multipurpose; cuts steel, aluminum, wood and plastics using a single blade
- 2000 watt (soft start) / 15 amp motor; 2500 RPM no load; Laser guide; 1-Inch blade arbor
12. Homecraft H26-260L 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw by Delta Power Tools
Homecraft 10 in. Miter Saw with a battery operated Laser that makes aligning the blade to the workpiece more convenient and precise. It features a spindle lock that holds the blade in place during changes. The HomeCraft 10 in. Miter Saw is perfect for the DIYer in the family or for everyday use. It features a powerful 14 Amp motor that cuts through wood like butter and spins the 10 in. blade at 5500 RPM. It has denoted stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees. The battery powered laser ensures an accurate cut every time. It is UL listed and comes with a 3 year warranty. The saw can make left bevel cuts from 0 to 47 degrees. It works virtually with all miter saw stands.
- Lightweight unit is easy to move from room to room or even from job to job.
- Works with virtually all miter saw stands
- Spindle lock hold spindle securely while blade nut is loosened and removed
- Capacity – Cuts nominal 4×4 and 2×6 at 90 degrees and 2×6 at bevel setting, with one pass
- Ergonomic handle for safe, predictable operation