Some people have to have the best of everything. Even if they don’t really use their possessions all that often, its a matter of pride. They like to show off what they just bought. So when it comes to professional chainsaws, they might only use it once or twice a year, but they have to have the top of the line professional chainsaw. They won’t settle for those occasional use chainsaws even though they’re specifically designed for what they plan on using it for. They have to have the best and the best is the professional series chainsaws the fire and rescue teams use.
Whenever people buy the top of the line chainsaws and only use them once in a while, they might also neglect to maintain and store them properly. So even though they buy the top of the line products, they fail to take care of them simply because by the time the wear and tear begins to show on their new tool, they’re ready to buy a new one so they have the latest model of everything. If you try to keep up with all the new models each year, you don’t really feel the need to maintain and service any of the things you already have. Whats the point in maintaining and servicing your chainsaw if you’re just going to buy a new one next year? People who have to have the latest model of everything don’t really know how to take care of the things they have. So when famine strikes and they no longer have the money to continually buy the top of the line products, they’re lost and don’t really know how to maintain what they have.
If they take the time to learn how to service and maintain the products they’ve already purchased, they might do so before its too late. They might be able to salvage the machinery and power tools they already have if it only sat there for a year and wasn’t used all that often. If they never bothered to top off the chain oil reservoir and simply used it until all of the oil was gone, they might have some rapidly advancing wear and tear on the guide bars and chain. They might have caused irreparable damage to certain parts and need to replace those parts. If they can spare any more money on their products, this is definitely what they should do. However, if they don’t have the expendable cash to buy those much needed parts, they might be without that power tool. When you buy top of the line chainsaws, you still need to make sure you don’t abuse them. Even though they’re made with the best materials and components, you need to make sure everything stays in working condition and is cared for. If you neglect your basic maintenance duties, even the best of engines can fail on you and the best of chains can jam. So you should make sure to do the minimal requirements to maintain the top of the line chainsaw you just purchased.
1. Husqvarna 460 Rancher 60.3cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw (CARB Compliant), 20-inch
The Husqvarna 460 Rancher is a robust all round saw, ideal for extended use in firewood cutting, large size tree cutting, storm clean-up and good for medium size tree cutting. Powerful X-Torq engine combines high performance with better fuel economy and lower exhaust emissions. The saw’s body is ergonomically designed allowing for easy handling of the saw’s power. LowVib anti-vibration system reduces vibration levels to the operator, reducing fatigue. Air Injection centrifugal air cleaning system that removes larger debris particles before reaching the air filter reducing air filter cleanings and improves the engine life.
- Adjustable oil pump allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions
- Side-mounted chain tensioner allows for easier access to chain tensioning device
- Quick release air filter to facilitate cleaning and replacement of air filter
- Forged 3-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications
- Cylinder decompression valve ensure an easy start
- CARB Compliant
2. Oregon Cordless 40V CS300-R7 Chain Saw with 6.0 Ah Battery Pack and Rapid Charger, 16-inch
Whether you are a commercial landscaper, professional arborist, or a hardworking homeowner who simply demands the best, the Oregon 40V Max CS300-R7 chain saw is designed with all the battery muscle you need to get the job done. It runs cleaner, quieter & is free from the hassles of gasoline or cords. Pull the trigger & you have an Instant start & long run time. Just charge the Oregon power now battery Pack & you are always ready to go with lithium ion no-fade power.
- Instant start – no gas-oil mixing, no pull cords, no warm-up & no emissions
- The Power Sharp precision saw chain sharpening system built into the chain saw
- Sharpens on the saw, on the job in seconds
- Brushless motor technology – high performance, high torque and power for fast cutting
- With B650E 6.0Ah battery pack, you will cuts up to 600 branches 2-3 inch in diameter on a single battery charge
- Includes Tool-less tension system
- This kit also features the rapid charger, which reduces charging time by as much as 75%
3. Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf Chainsaw, 20-inch
The ECHO CS-590 Timber Wolf chainsaw with 20 in. bar is more powerful than today’s ranch and farm saws. It’s built for the toughest environments and features easy-starting, easy operation and quick maintenance. Ideal for wood cutting.
- 59.8cc professional-grade 2-stroke engine provides outstanding performance
- Decompression valve for easier starter rope pulling
- Tool free access to heavy duty, 2-piece air filter
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner maintains clean air supply to engine
- Translucent fuel tank for quick fuel level checks
4. Tanaka TCS51EAP 50.1CC Chain Saw with PureFire Engine, 20-Inch
The Tanaka TCS51EAP 50.1cc 20-Inch Rear Handle Chain Saw with PureFire Engine was built for the commercial user who needs to be able to cut large trees quickly. The TCS51EAP features a 50.1cc commercial grade PureFire engine that provides clean, powerful performance with less fuel consumption.
- The decompression valve makes starting this tool easy and the bumper spikes and sprocket nose bar provides added control for easier cuts
- The TCS51EAP is also simple to operate with side access chain tensioning and an automatic and adjustable oiler so the user can adjust oil flow to the bar and chain
- A half throttle choke with trigger release for easy start and warm up
- Tool-less access to the air filter
- A spring type anti-vibration system for user comfort and less fatigue
- A strong double pole brake handle for safety and ease of mind
5. GreenWorks Pro GCS80420 80V Cordless Chainsaw, 18-Inch
Green Works is starting a revolution in outdoor power equipment starting with its Green Works Pro 80V Li-Ion MAX system. Combined with the DigiPro Brushless motor, this is the highest voltage, gas equivalent, commercial grade cordless outdoor power tool system in the industry.
- Featuring the simple electric start, light weight designs and quieter motor
- Professionals and heavy DIY’ers can now tackle tough jobs through variable terrain without the hassle of gas, fumes, heavy gear or delicate maintenance needs of gas powered engines
- The evolution of Green Works lithium-ion technology and designs have made it possible for professionals to get their jobs done by simply snapping in a battery and pressing a button while delivering high performance power and longer run time to get the job done
- It is normal for oil to seep from the saw when not in use. To prevent seepage, empty the oil tank after each use then run for one minute