Before you continue reading I must warn you: This Bosch power tool is a BEAST. It must be the most powerful 18v cordless drill I’ve ever tested. The 4 pole motor delivers a max torque of 600in.lbs out, which is just stunning. How can an 18v cordless drill deliver that amount of power? With the new patented gear train and clutch from Bosch Power tools. The cool thing about the Bosch HDS-02 cordless drill is that the 18v lithium ion battery is compatible with any 18v Li-Ion Bosch tool. The ergonomic and compact design ensures that you can keep working for a long time. The ergonomic grip zone is also another really comfortable feature with this Bosch drill.
Who Is This Bosch HDS181-02 Power tool for?
This best cordless drill from Bosch is for the professional or the handyman that do everything in or around his house himself. With the 600 in.lbs of max torque, there isn’t a task this power tool from Bosch can’t do. Drilling with larger drills in dense materials, no problem. Driving big wooden screws, no problem. Tighten nuts that require big torque, no problem. This battery drill is provided with two slim pack 1.5 Ah HC 18v Li-ion batteries which last 50% longer than a regular Li-ion battery. When I tested it, I drove almost 500 screws before I needed to change the battery. The Bosch HDS181-02 has a dual speed option with 0-500 rpm on low speed and 0-1700 rpm on high speed. With the two speed options and the 18+1 clutch settings this drill is a great multi-tool. The compact and ergonomic design ensures that you can go on for a long time without any sign of fatigue.
- Is provided with two slim pack 1.5 Ah HC (high capacity) 18v lithium-ion batteries which last more than 50% longer than the regular Li-ion battery and 100-150% longer than the Ni-cad battery.
- The max torque with this drill is just awesome. With 600in.lbs out, no task is too tough for this Bosch cordless drill.
- Dual speed (0-500/0-1700 rpm) which makes this drill top notch. The Low speed option and the 600 in.lbs of max torque make this tool really suitable for large holes in dense materials.
- The big 1/2″ keyless chuck gives you more options in drill sizes. As I wrote earlier. This drill is a no brainer if you drill a lot of big holes.
- Comes with a LED working light so you can work in dark spaces. Mix that with the compact design, working under your kitchen sinks will be a game for you.
- Doesn’t come with a drill/driver set. If you don’t have that read my article Best Drill Bits For Your Cordless Drill.
- No battery indicator. You can’t figure out if the battery is empty before the drill actually stops. Always make sure your extra battery is fully charged(or take a coffee and charge your battery the 30 minutes it takes to get a full charge)
- The price. Though I must say that this Bosch drill is worth every cent.
- Powered by Bosch 18-volt lithium-ion batteries
- Maximum runtime from 1.5 Ah Slim Pack HC battery (two included)
- Two speed settings (up to 500 RPM and 1,700 RPM)
- Maximum of 600 inch-pounds of torque
- 18+1 clutch settings and a variable-speed trigger
- 1/2-inch keyless chuck
- Battery Chemistry Lithium Ion
- Battery Voltage 18
- Battery/Charger Included
- Chuck Capacity 1/2″ Keyless Chuck
- Chuck Design Keyless
- Chuck Size 1/2 in
- Length 7.6″
- No Load BPM 0-27,000
- No Load RPM 0-500 / 0-1,700
- Torque (in. lbs.) 600
- Weight 3.6lb
- Width 3.5″
- (2) – 18V High Capacity Lithium-ion SlimPack Batteries
- (1) – Lithium-ion Battery Fast Charger
- (1) – Double-sided Philips Drive Bit
- (1) – Carrying Case
- Three-year ProVantage protection plan which guarantees two years of battery protection and one year of tool protection