Makita 2012NB 12-Inch Planer is one of the best portable types of planer available in the market today. It is purposely designed lightweight to transport it easily since it is very useful especially to carpenter s that renders home woodworks services. It has a narrow double sided cutting bladed compare to other brands. These blades are reversible and easy to replace once it became dull. Since it only includes 2 blades, it much less-expensive to replace blades compare to those with three blades which is costly. It only takes few minutes to assemble or to replace blades. Its cutting head also allowed permanent rollers and tables to manage long lumber.
Makita 2012NB is a powerful tool with 15 amp motor with about 8500 RPM. It is made simple and it runs quietly and smoothly at only 83 decibels compare to other brands. It also has an indicator light in order for you to be aware that it is plug in or off. This planer has 12 inches wide capacity and 6 inches depth range. It is made according to the metric system therefore its adjustment is standard.
Features and Specifications
- Makita planers are made lightweight and have compact design to make it easy to transport from one location to another.
- It has double-edge blades which can be use for long term and they are easy to remove and replace.
- It also has an automatic head clamp that prevents you from snipes and possible injuries.
- Its also has LED light that indicates whether it is on or off for safety purposes.
- It runs by 15 amp motor and runs quietly.
- It also included tool box which is attachable as standard equipment.
- The planer also has dust hood which is optional that collects mess during operation.
- It also has large table that manage its movements and supports its stability.
Almost all of the planers available in the market have the same features due to advance technology. They come in same functions however Makita 2012NB makes huge differences when you take a closer look on its best features.
First, it has two sided replaceable and removable blades. When it comes to replacement, it is much wiser to choose planer with two blades because it is cheap compare to planers with 3 blades. Although these tools are powerful, it doesn’t mean that they will come in huge designs. Makita 2012nb are made simple and lightweight for easy transporting especially when you work for home service. This is one of the great advantages that Makita planer provides compare to other brands.
Another best thing is that it runs quietly because it has large tables included that support its movement. With this, you can do your home woodworks without disturbing your customers. It can manage large lumber with its permanent rollers and depends on your adjustment. You don’t have to worry also about the mess during operations because it has an optional dust hood. Aside from cutting woods at ease, safety feature is also included to prevent you from snipe and other injuries.
Every product are not that perfect without its cons that is why there are subjected to great enhancement and it is possible to see it on the future. Although there are lots of advantages using this kind of planer, there are also few concerns based from some Makita 2012NB reviews. According to some reviewers, it is almost perfect however the dust hood performance is poor. This is the only cons spotted and still considerable.
Like of what is said in some reviews made online, Makita planers is almost perfect compare to other brands. Although some of its features are same with others, they have great differences when it comes to their useful additional features. There’s nothing can compare to this kind of planers when it comes to its best quality brought by its best features. Although there are few concerns raises on some online reviews, it would not affect its total advantages that it provides to people. Makita Company attains their success because they able reach their goal on providing the ease, convenience and safety among the users. Therefore, Makita 2012NB Planer are highly recommended as one of the most excellent choice among different brands available in the market today.
- Compact with less weight for easy transporting to the jobsite
- Engineered for faster, easier blade changes
- Low noise (83dB) for operator comfort
- 4-post design and diagonal cross supports for stability
- Large table extensions to support the workpiece
- Fully adjustable depth stop for repeat cuts
- L.E.D. light indicates that the planer is plugged into the power source
- Large and easy-to-operate on/off paddle switch
- Double edge planer blades
- Easily adjustable cutting depth for precision planing
- Detachable tool box for storage of the standard equipment
- Optional dust hood enables dust collection system to be connected to planer
- Cutting Capacity: Width 12″
- Cutting Capacity: Depth 1/8″
- Cutting Capacity: Thickness 6-3/32″
- No. of knives 2
- Table Size 13″ x 30-3/8″ (W x L)
- No Load Speed 8,500 RPM
- AMPS 15.0
- Size (W x H x L) 19-1/64″ x 30-3/8″ x 15-25/32″
- Makita 12-Inch Planer
- Planer blade set
- 2 magnetic holders
- Tool box
- Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of 1-year from the date of original purchase