This drill is one of the most popular cordless drills. It comes with the long lasting 18v LTX lithium ion battery and a 15 minute rapid charger. That’s right; it takes no more than 15 minutes to load your battery to a full charge. The power of this tool from Makita is awesome. The Makita built motor delivers 450 in.lbs out. The speed is adjustable and it comes with dual speed (0-400/0-1500 rpm). The compact design of this drill is the best I’ve ever seen in a drill with this power-range. It is only 8 inches long and weighs only 3.5 lbs which makes this drill “best in class”. It is also provided with a LED working light so you don’t lose your spot. The warranty of this cordless drill is good. 3 years on the drill and one year on the battery.
Who Is The Makita BDF452HW For?
This isn’t a drill for the average home user, hanging a picture once a year. This drill is in the upper price range, with good reason. It is quality from start to bottom, with the LTX Li-ion batteries, all metal transmission and the 15 min rapid charger. With the 450 in.lbs out and the dual speed, this cordless drill is for the professional or the handyman that use their drill at least a few times a week for tougher tasks like drilling bigger holes in dense materials. With the compact and lightweight design you can go on for a long time.
- Extremely powerful. With 450 in.lbs out, this is the drill for the toughest tasks.
- Comes with two of the long lasting 18v LTX Li-ion batteries. It is great that you get two batteries in the box, but with the 15 minute rapid charger it isn’t really necessary with two.
- The dual speed makes (0-400/0-1500rpm) it suitable as a multi-tool. Low speed and larger holes (and with the 450 in.lbs out, you can drill really large holes) and high speed for smaller holes and driving.
- A good warranty. With 3 years on the drill and 1 year on the batteries, this drill has one of the best warranties in the market.
- Doesn’t come with a bit kit. If you don’t have one, you should include Makita T-01725 70-Piece Impact Drill-Driver Bit Set in your order.
- Doesn’t have the hammer function for drilling in concrete and masonry. It is no problem without it, but it takes a little bit more time and patience.
- To save some money, you should have the option to only include one battery in your order. With the 15 minute rapid charger you don’t really need two.
- POWER – Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 450 in.lbs. of Max. Torque
- COMFORT – Only 3.5 lbs. with comfortable ergonomic grip and built-in L.E.D. light
- SPEED – 2-speed all metal transmission
- PERFORMANCE – 18V Compact Li-Ion batteries charge in 15 minutes, run longer and deliver 2.5X more cycles
- INCLUDES – Two 18V compact lithium-ion batteries, rapid charger and case
- Makita BDF452HW 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Driver-Drill
- Two 18V compact lithium-ion batteries
- 15-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger
- Tool case
- Every Makita Lithium-Ion tool is backed by Makita’s 3-Year Warranty that covers repair due to defects in materials or workmanship up to three years from the date of original purchase.
- Makita Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers have a limited 1-year warranty.