The chain saw is a powerful tool for cutting down trees and other branches that other lawn equipment just cannot tackle. They were designed with small-displacement gasoline engines that enabled chain saws to be mobile and versatile. With the advancement of electrical technology, that same mobility can be had because of superior batteries. The electric chain saw provides you with the same freedom of a gasoline chain saw, without the hassle or high cost involved with owning one.
There are many reasons to own an electric chain saw over a gasoline chain saw:
- Firstly, because they are powered by a small gasoline engine with many moving parts, they can cost hundreds more than an electric chain saw
- Second, gasoline chain saws can weigh a lot in comparison to electric models due to their heavy engines. This has often been a problem in causing fatigue and safety issues for users who are not experienced with chain saws
- Thirdly, electric chain saws require far less maintenance than a gasoline chain saw. All chain saws require blade lubrication; however gasoline chain saws require lubrication for certain engine parts and constant refueling with gasoline. Those maintenance costs can really add up.
With an electric chain saw, you can get extended cutting range on a battery that costs mere cents to charge. The good one will use lightweight batteries that still have the capacity to give you countless hours of cutting power. The price you pay for an electric chain saw will usually relate to the power it can produce. There are smaller, less expensive chain saws designed for home gardening and then there are larger, more expensive and powerful electric chain saws that are meant for tougher jobs. You should be determined by what you will be using it for.
As with any tool, electric chain saws should be dependable and highly adjustable for both safety and the outcome of your product. You will find out about a wide range of electric chain saws. Our team of lawn care and chain saw experts provides you with superior Makita electric chain saws, they designed to cut the trouble out of finding the one that will work best for your jobs.
1. Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw, 16-inch
The Makita UC4051A is engineered for fast cutting, efficient operation and easy maintenance, without the hassle of gas. It has a chain speed of 2,900 FPM for efficient cutting and trimming. The motor has a built-in current limiter which is engineered to protect the motor from burnout by reducing power when the saw is overloaded, and an electric chain brake for maximum productivity. Additional features include an automatic chain oiler for heavy continuous cutting, and a large oil reservoir with view window that allows the operator to easily check the oil level. For increased comfort, the chain saw has ergonomic rubberized grip handles, and a large trigger switch with soft start for smooth start-ups.
- Automatic chain oiler for heavy continuous cutting
- Electric chain brake for maximum productivity
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance
- Soft start for smooth start-ups
- Current limiter helps protect motor from damage caused by heat
2. Makita UC3551A Electric Chain Saw, 14-inch
The UC3551A are the successors of the UC3530A longitudinal body style electric chain saws. The oil pump and toolless saw chain change/adjustment have been improved and the exterior design has been changed as new born models. It has a chain speed of 2,900 FPM for efficient cutting and trimming. The motor has a built-in current limiter which is engineered to protect the motor from burnout by reducing power when the saw is overloaded, and an electric chain brake for maximum productivity.
- “Tool-less” blade and chain adjustments for convenient operation and easy maintenance
- Large trigger switch with soft start for smooth start-ups
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in current limiter helps protect motor from burnout by reducing power to motor when saw is overloaded
- Large oil reservoir with view window allows operator to check bar oil level
3. Makita 5012B Commercial Grade 11.5 amp Electric Chain Saw, 11-3/4-inch
The Makita 5012B is compact and lightweight for easy handling and quick cutting. A reliable and durable performer. A durable polycarbonate housing means longer tool life. A sprocket is cleverly installed inside the end of the chain bar for smooth chain action. A large hand protector in front deflects flying chips, and a built-in overload protector protects the tool and operator from power surges. This saw is double insulated and built to last.
- Compact and light weight, it’s just 9-1/2 pounds weight
- It features a 11 3/4-inch guide bar
- High speed action – 5,500 FPM chain speed for fast cutting
- Durable poly-carbonate housing
- Special sprocket inside the end of the chain bar for smooth chain action
- Large hand protector in front deflects flying chips
- Built-in overload protector
- UL listed and double insulated
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty