Milwaukee is a good old all American tool (though produced in China). It is quality all the way which is proven by the heavy duty, dual speed, all metal gearboxes. The Milwaukee 2601-22 is not an exception. This power tool with its compact motor delivers 400 in.lbs of max torque out, which is extremely powerful. The compact and lightweight (4 lbs) design lets you work in confined spaces with no problem at all. The inbuilt LED work light ensures that you don’t lose your drill spot in dark places. The chuck grip is top notch with the Yukawa chuck. This cordless drill from Milwaukee is powered by the long lasting 18v Li-ion battery.
Who Is The Milwaukee 2601-22 Cordless Drill For?
There is no doubt that this 18v Lithium Ion drill is extremely powerful and that Milwaukee is a good quality tool and is therefore very popular amongst construction workers, carpenters and other professionals. But when you can get a quality tool, this drill should also be a no brainer for home users that use their drill a few times a week. With the 400 inch-pounds of max torque and the dual speed option, you can use this drill for a lot of tasks. The compact design and the 4 pounds of weight lets you work longer with less user fatigue. The Milwaukee 2601-22 is actually one of my friends (a contractor) tools of choice. He claims that this is the best cordless drill he has ever owned (and he have owned and used a few). All in all a powerful tool that suits both professionals and the home user.
- Very powerful. With the 400 inch-pounds of max torque, no task seem too tough for this power tool from Milwaukee.
- Comes with 2 18v Li-ion batteries. The Li-ion batteries have a longer lifecycle than the ni-cad batteries and have the ability to hold charge between uses. The batteries are charged by a 30 minute charger.
- Lightweight and compact. This cordless drill only weighs 4 pounds. You can work for a long time with less fatigue.
- Comes with a 1/2″ chuck which means you can use larger drills than you can use with a 3/8″.
- Produced in China. This American tool should’ve been produced in America.
- A drill and bit set isn’t included in the box.
- The 30 minute charge time is OK, but it is not top notch. The Makita BDF452HW, for instance, comes with a 15 minute rapid charger.
- A 1/2-inch ratcheting chuck with a plastic sleeve for reduced weight
- A compact length of 7-3/4-inches to allow it to fit in tight areas
- The compact motor delivers 400 inch-pounds of maximum torque
- The heavy-duty 2-speed metal gear box is not only durable, but allows speeds of 0-350 rpm is low and 0-1,400 in high
- A built-in LED light to illuminate work surfaces
- All of these features are packed into a lightweight, 4-pound form factor
- Power source: battery-powered
- Voltage: 18 volts
- Included components: bare-tool
- Batteries included? yes
- Batteries required? yes
- Battery cell type: lithium ion
- 5 Years