This cordless drill from Panasonic is one of my favorites. It is actually on my top list of the best cordless drills of my personal choice. With the 17 clutch settings and the 478 in.lbs of pure muscle out, you have no excuses for even the toughest jobs. It comes with a dual speed option (0-430rpm/0-1650rpm), and with the powerful max torque you are able to drill really big holes in dense and tough materials with the low speed option. This power tool is classified as IP 56, which means it is water and dust resistant. It’s perfect for outdoor work in any weather. The battery pack included is the best I’ve ever seen in a cordless drill. It is powered by the extremely powerful 3.3 AH HC (high capacity) lithium-ion battery. There are actually two of them included in the box. Other cool features with this compact and lightweight drill from Panasonic: Electronic Performance Monitoring system, electronic brake and a LED work light.
Who is the Panasonic EY7450LR2S for?
With the water and dust resistant IP56 certification, this battery drill is very suitable for the construction worker or handyman that do a lot of outdoor work in different weather conditions, or other rough conditions such as dusty places. You can even stand in the middle of a desert storm and at least the cordless drill won’t stop you. This power tool is also extremely powerful. The 3.3 AH-HC 18v Li-ion battery gives you stunning 478 in.lbs of max torque out. When I tested it, I drilled a 1- 7/16″ hole in a wooden wall and a 1/2″ hole in a metal beam, which was no problem at all. I also drove a 1/2″ wood screw into a wall with no struggle at all. This cordless drill is for the user that wants the little extra. I was amazed with this cordless power tool from Panasonic.
- Extremely powerful.478in.lbs of max torque. Comes with the High Capacity 18v Li-ion battery 3.3 AH, with the Panasonic electronic performance monitoring system.
- IP 56.Water and dust resistant, which means you, can work in almost any weather condition. Suitable for the outdoor worker.
- Compact, lightweight (4.7 lbs) design, and very agronomical. Comes with a side grip for full control. With this design, user fatigue isn’t an issue.
- Comes with a LED working light, so you don’t miss your spot while drilling or driving in dark and confined spaces.
- Has a dual speed option (0-430/0-1650rpm). The speed is adjustable which make it really suitable for drilling larger holes with the low speed option. The hi-speed option is suitable for smaller holes and driving.
- Doesn’t come with a bit set. If you don’t have it I would include that in my order.
- The price is too high unless you need a water and dust resistant drill. I would much rather go for the Bosch HDS181-02 with 600 in.lbs of max torque to a much nicer price.
- Doesn’t have a hammer function. With the power of this drill you don’t really need one anyway, but it would be cool though.
- Construction and maintenance professionals often switch between driving and drilling tasks throughout the day. The Panasonic 18-volt 3.3Ah EY7450LR2S (EY7450X tool only) 1/2″ drill and driver kit is built to take on both jobs with the versatility and power that general construction, plumbing, finish carpentry and electrical installation workers need to do the job efficiently and professionally.
- The compact drill – only 8-9/16″ long x 9-3/4″ tall x 2-1/2″ wide — can produce 478 in. lbs. of torque so it can take on tough tasks such as drilling up to 1-7/16″-diameter holes in wood or 1/2″-diameter holes in metal. In driving mode, the power screwdriver can drive 5/16″-diameter wood and 1/4″-diameter self-tapping screws easily and repetitively.
- The drill and driver beefy four-brush motor puts out power and takes on difficult tasks with much less chance of burning the motor out on jobs users sometimes expect the tool to do.
- The variable speed, reversible tool has a two-speed transmission that efficiently converts the motor’s power into drilling/driving power. Users will find the 50-430 rpm low speed helpful in deep wood-drilling and -driving jobs, while the 160-1,650 rpm high speed works best in most metal drilling jobs. An electric brake stops chuck spin instantly when the trigger is released. A built-in LED light makes work in dark areas easier and a belt hook keeps the drill close at hand when it’s not in use.
- The 18-stage clutch lets the user adjust driving force to the job. It adjusts from approximately 8.8 to 61.0 in. lbs. (in 3 in. lbs. increments), so driving force can be matched to driving needs without overdriving or stripping fasteners.
- At just 4.7 lbs. including battery, the power drill and driver’s lightweight and ergonomic design helps keep the user’s wrist in the neutral position. The lightweight and tool design work together to cause less fatigue and improve tool control.
- Max Drill Diameter In Wood: dia. 1-7/16″
- In Metal: dia. 1/2″
- Max Screws Driving Wood screw: dia. 5/16″
- Self-drilling screw: dia. 1/4″
- Voltage: 18V
- High Power: 478 in. lbs.
- IP Approved: Yes
- Weight (including battery): 4.70 lbs
- Compact Size (L x H x W): 8-9/16″ x 9-3/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Battery Capacity: 3.3 Ah Li-ion
- RPM – Low: 50 – 430; High: 160 – 1,650
- Clutch Torque (Approx): 8.8 – 61.0 in. lbs. (3.0 in. lbs. per stage, total 18 stage)
- Electric Brake: Yes
- LED Work Light: Yes
- Charge Time Usable: 50 minutes
- Full: 65 minutes
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.75” x 16.25” x 18.5”
- Weight: 15.0 lbs
- 1x – EY7450 (body): 18V Drill & Driver
- 1x – EY0L81B: Charger
- 2x – EY9L50B: 18V 3.3Ah Li-ion battery
- 2 Year