When it comes to the safest professional contractor saw, we introduce you to the Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Saw and this model has some unmatched safety and performance features that would compel you to rank it among industry’s top table saws. On one hand the safety system is the star of the show while on the other hand the built-in quality and precision are some other impressive features that make this saw stand out in the market. No matter what kind and size of material you have to trim/cut, all your problems will be dissipate once you begin using this saw. Before beginning to use it, we recommend you to go through well-written instruction manual that gives you complete set of instructions on how to use this table saw.
- Motor: 1.75 HP
- Blade diameter: 10 inches
- Arbor size: 5/8
- Rip Capacity: 52 inches
- Maximum depth of cut: 3-1/8 inches
- Dado Diameter: 8 inches
- Dado max width: 13/16 inches
- Dust collection port: 4-inch diameter
- Riving knife/splitter: 2mm thick
- Dimensions: 85-1/4 x 45 x 34-3/4 inches
- Weight: 362 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
Product Details: What Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Saw can offer?
- It is designed to give you safe working environment always.
- It features impressive ripping capacity with 52 inch T-Glide fence system that gives you precise cutting performance without bending.
- The saw is ideal for professionals in construction, maintenance shops and for other places where space is limited.
- It is compatible with standard 10 inch blades and 8 inch dado blades.
- Complete well written instruction manual for assembly and operating.
- 40-tooth combination blade with zero tolerance insert gives smooth cuts.
- Great adjustments for blade angle and height stop.
- Riving knife and blade guard are designed to prove anti-kickback that gives you additional safety.
- Tool-free mounting of riving knife and blade guard.
- On-board storage space for accessories.
- The contractor saw package includes saw with stand, 52 inch T-Glide Professional Fence, two adjustable legs, table extension, 40-tooth 10-inch combination blade, blade guard, two stamped wings, riving knife, miter gauge, blade wrenches and a manual.
When we talk about sufficient power for precision and speed, there is enough for it and there is no issue. The 1.75 HP source gives enough power and the saw cuts smoothly and evenly with heavy hard woods too.
Apart from plenty of power, it features a large size cast iron table which is made for durability and complete work support. The table size is 20 x 27 inches and you can opt for extension wings as well with 12 x 27 inches in size.
Capacity and Accuracy
The main question that we consider while choosing a table saw is that how accurately it cuts? You will surely be satisfied with this saw having sharp 40-tooth 10-inch standard blades and along with that it is also compatible with 8 inches dado cutting blades. The maximum depth of cut at 90 degrees would be 3-1/8 inchesand the maximum dado blade width of the saw is 13/16 inch.
The blades and zero tolerance insert together ensure that you get smooth and precise cuts at all times with all kind of materials. The blade is left tilted that keeps material from binding against fence.
Most of the cuts can be made with the blade guard and for cuts that are non-thorough you can use riving knife (2 mm. thickness). Transition from blade guard to riving knife and vice versa is a simple task that would not require use of any tools.
One of the highlighted features of the Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Sawis the 52 inches T-Glide Professional Fence System that gives you greater strength of cutting with accuracy and convenience. The maximum ripping capacity to the right of the blade is 52 inches way larger than its peer model Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 Contractor Saw while that towards the left is 12 inches.
Ease of Use
The saw is appointed with a dramatically improved safety system for which the SawStop table saws are famous. The system identifies when skin comes in contact with the blade and within 5 milliseconds the safety brake is activated result in stopping the blade. This happens really fast preventing any dangerous incident to occur. Apart from that a paddle for on/off in case of emergency is located along the main power switch. This could be operated with your knees even if your hands are occupied. You can easily turn the saw off with the paddle.
The Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Saw includes a dust shroud that drains all the dust that is hooked above or under the say out in to a 4 inches wide dust port. The dust collection system of this machine works effectively well and helps in keeping your work space clean.
With this table saw, you can store most of your accessories on board. The storage includes magnetic holder for blade gap, hangers for certain accessories and a magnetic backed reference manual.
Despite of its heavy weight at around 362 pounds, you can use a mobile base that gives you easy maneuvering around job site and you can easily transfer the saw from one place to another.
The machine operates without making much noise and the entire system is based on automatic mechanism. Once you press the start button, the machine carries out self-analysis in order to make sure that all the parts and locks are at their right places. If something isn’t as it should be, the saw would not start until you place the part in order. This is yet again an impressive safety measure that aids in safe operation of machine.
The Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Sawis 85-1/4 x 45 x 34-3/4 inches and thus you need to have sufficient amount of space for operating and storing it.
- Keen attention given to safety measures.
- Durable design and powerful source offers complete support of ripping over tough materials.
- Professional 52 inches T-Glide fence system and guide rail gives you more strength and accuracy of cuts.
- Effective 4 inches wide dust collection port.
- On board storage for accessories.
- Wide working space with table extension.
- Standard and dado blades compatible.
- With 100 different configurations, you can adjust the saw to fit according to your needs.
- SawStop backs this product with a limited warranty of 1 year.
- The size is large and thus you would need a reasonable amount of space at your job site for this saw.
- High price in comparison to what other brands have but you will surely not be able to find these impressive features with other brands.
- Heavy weight and if lifting and frequent moving is required, then it could be a problem with this saw. You can get a mobile base for ease of moving.
Our final verdict for Sawstop CNS175 TGP52 Contractor Saw is that it is a wonderful contractor saw in terms of quality, safety, performance, ease and precision. It would surely meet the needs of any craftsmen or professional woodworker. You can find all the impressive features with this machine and surely it is expensive but you will be pleased with spending the money for what this saw has to offer.